Thursday 1 December 2016

Technology

Technology!
Today for technology we made 'Rock cake'.
I was paired up with Ajani, So to make Rock cake we have dry ingredients and wet ingredients.

For the dry ingredients we have:
1 1/2 cup of self - rising flour
1/2 coconut

For the wet ingredients we have:
1 egg
1/2 sugar
1/2 milk
1/2 oil

So I was on the dry ingredients and my buddy Ajani was on the wet ingredients, Once we have finished mixing putting wet and dry ingredients to separate bowls, next we mixed it together and started mixing it again. Once we have finished that, we got out the baking tray in the oven. We scooped out 8 rock cakes onto the tray. Our teacher Mrs Tuipulotu told our group that it doesn't matter what shape the rock cake is because in real life it is hard to find rocks that look the same. After a while we took it into the oven to bake for 15 minutes, When the 15 minute was over we took the rock cake out and it was heaps of different types of shapes.

Today I have learnt how to make a rock cake, it tasted delicious and I am looking forward to what we are making next week.
At the moment I am focusing on timing because today was alright but we kind of took our rock cakes out late and it didn't really burn but the crumbs were black.

Here is a photo of the rock cake:


Thank you for reading.

Please leave a comment.

I hoped you enjoyed.